New Neutrals by Morris and Co.

Pure Morris on The Beat That My Heart Skipped

William Morris is the one and only designer that could make me embrace print and colour with abandon. His lush floral prints and dusky colour palettes evoke such vintage romanticism yet remain modern with intricate details in the pattern which have you ever noticed cleverly disguise the repeats?

However, thankfully appealing to my love of neutrals is a brand new game-changing collection ‘Pure Morris’ from Morris and Co. which has just knocked me for a six. The collection uses patterns from the archive, old block prints and well-known styles to created a beautifully nuanced and crafted collection of wallpapers and fabrics which layer blacks, greys, linens, golds, whites, coppers and silvers.

The wallpaper collection consists of eight designs that experiment with beading, crushed glass techniques and scale. Three of the papers were designed using hand-block methods, whilst the others have been repainted in intricate detail to capture the nature of the original designs. The glorious fabrics experiment with a variety of print, weave and embroidery techniques.

The collection is now available to buy from all Morris and Co. retailers (like Liberty, John Lewis and all good interior furnishing stockists)

1-morris-pure-wallpaper-bachelors-button-living-space-girl-embroideries-classic-patterns-neutral-summer-interns

Pure Morris on The Beat That My Heart Skipped

Author: Rohini Wahi

Rohini is a London based freelance journalist and trend forecaster for the design industries. She has worked for Elle Decoration, Living Etc, Houzz and Design Sponge amongst others.

She loves a period drama and keeps a tidy home. Launched in 2007 The Beat That My Heart Skipped focuses on home inspirations, design trends, lifestyle and food – coupled with an insight into Rohini’s work and home life – from key picks at trade shows to styled weekend soirees. To contact Rohini for queries, work for hire or just to say hi drop her a line at mail@rohiniwahi.com

9 Comments on New Neutrals by Morris and Co.

1. Aimee
    Thursday, July 28th, 2016 21:50 at 9:50 pm (1 year ago)

Love the natural colours! looks so charming and calm!

2. Jakob
    Thursday, August 4th, 2016 13:19 at 1:19 pm (1 year ago)

Wow… that looks amazing and the wallpapers are just stunning!
    I would love to live there:-)

3. Walls and Murals
    Friday, August 5th, 2016 14:05 at 2:05 pm (1 year ago)

Lovely work

4. Joanna
    Sunday, August 7th, 2016 19:38 at 7:38 pm (1 year ago)

I think the patterns and textures do add a different dimension to this neutral collection. It oozes character and style. They have done a fantastic job.

5. Bilyana@Alumen
    Monday, August 8th, 2016 15:59 at 3:59 pm (1 year ago)

So many patterns everywhere. I’m a bit scared to use so many in one space. I love the colors and the calmness they provide thought.
    Lovely space:)

6. Steve
    Friday, August 12th, 2016 10:28 at 10:28 am (1 year ago)

That’s it. That’s how my appartment will be decorated. Period.

7. Anna
    Sunday, August 14th, 2016 23:08 at 11:08 pm (1 year ago)

I love the wallpapers!
    XO
    Anna From Italy

8. Rohini Wahi
    Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 23:50 at 11:50 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Bilyana – yes lots of pattern can definitely be daunting but I think the neutral colours might allow for maybe even a few patterns to work in the same room together! : )

9. Nina B
    Friday, October 7th, 2016 11:52 at 11:52 am (1 year ago)

I love the warm greys with the oak features – such a calming, earthy feel. 🙂