I noticed I had quite a collection of creatures in my home the other day… here is a small selection.
– A pair of brass mice candlesticks, a hand-me-down from an eccentric animal loving Aunt in Calcutta.
– A stork that keeps watch of my treasures from Anthropologie
– A gulping guppy I couldn’t resist in a sale and a tiny tortoise that held my 30th birthday gift from my best buddy, both from Anthropologie
– A roaring bear bottle opener bought in Boston three years ago from Urban Outfitters we are yet to fix it to the wall but I like how it watches over us from its current position atop the kitchen rail.
– A weighty fish lock bought by wedding guests during our wedding in 2013 in Bombay from Bungalow 8
Author: Rohini Wahi
Rohini is a London based freelance journalist and trend forecaster for the design industries. She has worked for Elle Decoration, Living Etc, Houzz and Design Sponge amongst others.
She loves a period drama and keeps a tidy home. Launched in 2007 The Beat That My Heart Skipped focuses on home inspirations, design trends, lifestyle and food – coupled with an insight into Rohini’s work and home life – from key picks at trade shows to styled weekend soirees. To contact Rohini for queries, work for hire or just to say hi drop her a line at firstname.lastname@example.org