Image from Forty-Sixth at Grace
This weeks highlights…
– Breaking fast in the gentle British chic Albion cafe in London’s East End.
– We interview the lovely Helena Amourdedieu of quirky PR agency Agence Violette.
– Taking a tour around the multi-patterned Svenskt Tenn in Stockholm and the beautiful Royal Tichelaar Makkum ceramic factory in the Netherlands.
– Visiting the Petit Plat miniatures bakery.
– Pretty illustrations from Gemma Milly.
– An adorable DIY corsage from Craft Editor Cat and guest contributor Make do Mend.
– We discovered the most beautiful lagoon blue ceramics at Studio Pieter Stockmans.
– A magical [as usual] book review from Lauren ‘Of Bees and Mist’ – a tale of feuding families and enchantment.
– The opening of new homewares studio Snug from Domestic Candy in Hanover.
– A wonderful Day With ceramist Karin Eriksson.
– A new eatery in London Pizza East.
– A recipe for Meatballs most Tender from the Salad Club Girls.
– Lovely buildings; a two family light filled apartment overlooking the Nybroviken bay in Stockholm, beautiful holiday apartments overlooking all of Barcelona,
Author: Rohini Wahi
Rohini is a London based freelance journalist and trend forecaster for the design industries. She has worked for Elle Decoration, Living Etc, Houzz and Design Sponge amongst others.
She loves a period drama and keeps a tidy home. Launched in 2007 The Beat That My Heart Skipped focuses on home inspirations, design trends, lifestyle and food – coupled with an insight into Rohini’s work and home life – from key picks at trade shows to styled weekend soirees. To contact Rohini for queries, work for hire or just to say hi drop her a line at firstname.lastname@example.org